The Eagle | Dean Russo Eco-Friendly Tee
Artist Dean Russo draws inspiration from the urban landscape of his native hometown, Brooklyn, New York, and from his love for animals. Russo’s truly unique artwork is known for its brilliant colors and bold abstract designs of mesmerizing shapes and symbols.
THE MOUNTAIN T-SHIRT
The Mountain are an eco-friendly apparel manufacturer that use environmentally friendly materials and manufacturing processes wherever possible to make their garments. Starting with white garments made from 100% natural USA cotton, these are then colored with fiber reactive organic dyes and are printed with environmentally friendly water-based inks.
The founders of the Mountain are deeply involved with Green Causes and take conservation seriously within their business. One being a longtime advocate of local to worldwide conservation has dedicated himself to preserving land so that ecosystems may remain for future generations. Another has his own personal land certified an organic, meaning that local farmers may then use this land to grow organic food.
After just one wash you will not know where the print ends and the shirt begins. Our unique printing process actually pulls the dye color out of the shirt and leaves the ink color behind, essentially dyeing the cotton with the ink. The Mountain Classic T-shirt features a relaxed fit, with reinforced double-stitching on all seams. After dyeing they are washed and dried, so they arrive to you comfortable, pre-shrunk & ready to wear.
This Medium Weight 100% Cotton tee will last you years and years.
How Are The Mountain T-Shirts Made?
- Each t-shirt begins as a white garment made from 100% Natural USA Cotton (this includes the threading to hold it all together)
- Next, using fiber reactive organic dyes these are then colored. The Mountain currently use over 800 colors over their range!
- Once the dyeing process has finished, each t-shirt is then printed with environmentally friendly water-based inks (most screen printers currently use solvent based inks made of petroleum, a type of plastic).
- When the dyeing and printing process is finished, the color is then removed from the wastewater that has been created, and oxygen is pumped in to this (this enriches the water).
- The water is then sent to their local treatment plant where it works harmoniously with the micro-organisms used to recycle water.
When you first receive your Mountain T-Shirt we recommend washing in cold water alone or with like colours. Since your shirt was hand-dyed it will continue to bleed some excess colour for the first few washes. It is safe to use normal detergent, just make sure to avoid bleach. Your Mountain T-Shirt should be dried either in a tumble dryer on low or flat, not hung as the weight of the water will cause the cotton to stretch.
It is recommended to wash inside out and on its own for the first few washes to prevent the colour bleeding into your other items. We would also recommend ironing only the inside of the T-Shirt. The dying process means the designs do not stretch or crack. The Mountain products are pre-shrunk before printing, so long as proper washing and care instructions are followed, your Tee should not shrink.
Large, Medium, Small, XL, XXL
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.